in the Workplace
This event aims to provide insight and highly practical information on engaging, employing and supporting individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
Hon Nicky Wagner, Minister for Disability Issues, will join us to address what employers’ need to know to become Disability Confident, show-casing a wide range of easily accessible and practical information available to support employers.
Did you know … ?
- It is likely that you are already employing some staff with a disability, 24% of our community have a disability, injury or illness lasting 6 months or more.
- Disabled jobseekers provide access to a wider talent pool of skilled and capable individuals
- Many employer concerns about recruiting disabled staff are often myths.
- The majority of disabled staff require the same workplace support as the general population.
- A focus on disability employment can resolve skill shortages, attract new skills and perspectives and reach a wider market
- As disability increases with age, disability confidence is integral in responding to an aging workforce.
The session is complimented by a panel of employment experts and disability confident employers to answer all your questions as well as explore commonly perceived barriers and concerns such as privacy, discrimination and health and safety.
This event is proudly supported by:
Monday 12 June
9.00am - 10.30am
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street