Report Writing Skills
Successful report writing is a vital ingredient for communicating key messages, informing sound decision making, and achieving organisational goals. Writing in a way that connects with your target audience, includes the right amount of detail, and expresses information in a clear and coherent way enhances your credibility as a professional and wins business for your organisation.
This interactive half-day workshop will focus on the key components of effective report writing, including the ability to structure your content so that information is sequenced and signposted logically, and that your report fulfills its purpose.
In order to maximise the effectiveness of the training, please bring a non-commercially sensitive sample of a workplace report and a laptop to practise your new writing skills.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the key components of the report writing process including audience analysis and information order
- write component parts of reports especially an executive summary
- convey complex and/or technical ideas and information in appropriate language
- present information in a logical and consistent order
- use self-editing and proofreading techniques to improve accuracy
- evaluate samples of your own workplace writing and that of others, to gain confidence in the preparation and writing of these documents.
- Understand audience analysis and target your message appropriately
- Plan and write key parts of a report
- Use a clear, logical structure that achieves coherence and internal cohesion
- Use a reader-friendly writing style that is clear and correct, and meets the needs of the audience
- Apply appropriate writing conventions and referencing styles
- Edit your report
Thursday 19 October
9:00am to 1:00pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Desirée (Communication Works) designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team buliding, oral presentation and business writing skills.
$320.00 + GST
$640.00 + GST