Unfortunately this course is now full.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list
Managing Sick Leave and Medical Incapacity
Difficult situations can arise where employees are unable to work due to illness or injury. Frequent or extended periods of absence can disrupt the workplace, and it may not be possible to hold a job open indefinitely.
In this half day course, discover your obligations around sick leave, including longer term illness and injury. Find out how you can support your employees in their return to work. Discuss when and how you can terminate employment for medical incapacity.
This course is aimed at providing all business owners, managers, employers, Human Resources and administrators seeking practical guidance on managing staff. It is also useful for business professionals, such as lawyers and accountants, who want to keep their clients informed on best practice for their business.
Topics covered include:
- Find out sick leave entitlements under legislation
- Good practice on asking for and using medical information
- Dealing with concerns about “sickies” and abuse of sick leave
- How to manage absenteeism and intermittent sickness
- Good practice in supporting staff on their return to work
- Explore an employer’s obligations to be reasonable and act in good faith
- Considerations before terminating for medical incapacity
- Find out how to reduce the number of sick days through employee engagement
- Practical tips on employment agreements and case scenarios
Monday 16 October 2017
9.00am to 12.30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Julia is a qualified employment lawyer, who specialises in people management training to help businesses create better workplaces. As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers training on human resources, employment relations, and privacy law. Julia trains corporate groups in-house, and regularly presents webinars for CCH Learning. She is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
$240.00 + GST
$480.00 + GST