We live in the ‘24/7’ digital age where it seems we have ever increasing expectations in our workplaces to achieve more with our time. We are challenged to be more efficient, more productive and more collaborative and not just in our work life, but also in our ‘free’ time. Although, we have smarter digital devices and tools to assist us with these goals, many of us feel that we are losing the battle to manage our time. Sometimes, we can feel as though we are no longer balancing our life demands but being held to ransom by those demands and the result is increased stress.
This workshop is designed to give you a simple framework and tools to evaluate what needs to happen to allow you to deal constructively with time constraints and achieve the longed for work-life balance we all need.
At the end of the workhop participants will:
- Recognise one’s working styles and identify time wasters.
- Adopt the framework of Steven Covey’s ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ as a means to develop a proactive and productive approach to setting goals, managing time and enhancing job satisfaction and well being.
- Communicate boundaries, say No, and negotiate realistic win-win outcomes.
- Recognise how to set priorities and manage an environment where urgent tasks do not dominate the working day at the expense of important non-urgent tasks.
- Develop practical strategies and tools to work SMART, manage time and tasks.
- Communication, work style and time stealers
- Covey’s seven habits
- Setting goals and prioritising
- Pareto principle
- Tools, tips and strategies to save time
- Communicating and managing expectations
- Minimising stress
Wednesday 8 November 2017
9:00am to 1:00pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Desirée (Communication Works) designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team buliding, oral presentation and business writing skills.
$240.00 + GST
$480.00 + GST