BUSINESS & INTERNATIONAL TRADE ADVISOR
Do you have what it takes to support businesses to succeed? Are you familiar with New Zealand's international trade landscape?
This is a diverse and interesting role with two major components
- supporting and empowering local businesses to contribute to a thriving business community
More than just a job, this is an opportunity to support our Canterbury businesses and the people in them to thrive.
- Developing and executing the ExportNZ Canterbury Strategy
The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) is on an exciting transformation journey as part of ensuring we meet and exceed changing consumer demands, apply new technology to continue to drive efficiency, customer engagement and a strong customer experience, all of which will result in ensuring we have a sustainable business model, fit for the future.
About the role
The multi-faceted role sits within the Business Services Team and is focused on delivering the Regional Business Partner (RBP) programme alongside supporting our members and wider business community with their international trade and general business needs.
We’re looking for someone who is excited and passionate about helping Canterbury businesses and thrives on interacting with a variety of businesses every day to assess their needs and provide connects and access to expertise.
This is a great role working for a trusted organisation that’s sole purpose is supporting local businesses. We have a great team of people, an empowering culture and we embrace workplace flexibility.
Key areas of responsibility include:
The successful candidate will:
- Identifying potential clients
- Client screening and assessment to identify capability gaps and areas of support required, which may include funding/grants and mentoring opportunities
- Developing engagement plans for businesses with appropriate referrals to business support services offered through CI, NZTE, Business Mentors and the RBP programme
- Promoting and being an advocate for the RBP through building strong networks and rapport with businesses and other organisations
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Developing and executing the ExportNZ Canterbury Strategy to support members involved in exporting and importing
- Develop an annual work programme and supporting budget to support international trade members and potential members
- Developing and maintaining key relationships across the business community to keep abreast of key issues and trends
- Responding to member enquiries with a range of tailored services and advice
- Business development across our services
- Contributing to the on-going evolution of our international trade member value proposition ensuring it is fit for purpose and financially sustainable
- Have had previous business advisory or business ownership experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of business and the challenges business leaders face
- Have worked across a range of sectors including in an export business
- Be naturally curious and passionate about provide great customer outcomes and experience
- Have excellent communication and listening skills with ability to relate to people across levels and with different skills and attributes
- Be self-directed, highly motivated and well organised
- Able to prioritise well and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside a skilled and experienced team
- Be adaptable to change – able to re-evaluate and change direction as needed, given the dynamic nature of the business environment
In return, we will offer you a fantastic opportunity to be part of great team that thrives in a collaborative face paced environment
- A supportive and empowering culture – we love to see our people excel and their ideas come to life through our values: We are Real, We Own It, We Focus on Impact and We ♥ our Customers
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is a key part of Canterbury’s business future
- Great learning and development opportunities through The Chamber’s comprehensive events and training programme
- The chance to develop and deliver on your own ideas.
It is an exciting time to be joining The Chamber as we are actively engaged in a period of strategic transformation.
If this sounds like you, please see the job description here , before submitting your CV and cover letter via Seek . The position closes at 9.00 on 30th January 2023.
If you have any questions about the role, please contract Petra Oldfield by email: [email protected]