DIGITAL COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
- Opportunity to shine in a key communications role
- Join a dynamic, creative, collaborative team
- Grow your network in an organisation that supports Canterbury businesses
The Chamber is undergoing an exciting period of growth and change and we’re looking for a talented Digital Communications Specialist to be part of it.
As our new Digital Communications Specialist, you will play a key role in helping us tell the Chamber’s story, keep our members well-informed, and improve our digital presence.
A key focus of the role will be advancing and maintaining The Chamber’s website.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working closely with other members of The Chamber’s Marketing and Communications team, the Digital Communications Specialist will ensure that The Chamber’s digital presence is in alignment with The Chamber’s brand and that our digital communication channels are optimised, engaging, and support an exemplary customer experience.
The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy, customer-focussed, have an understanding of the needs of business and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Advancing and maintaining The Chamber’s digital communication platforms – primarily the website and EDMs to ensure they are timely, effectively communicate The Chamber’s message, and reflect the best possible user experience
- Provide data insights through tracking and analysing website and EDM analytics and measuring return on investment
- Ensure our digital communications reflect the priorities of both our Strategy and our Work Programme
- Work with other members of The Chamber’s Marketing and Communications team to create engaging written and visual content for use across the website, EDMs, and other marketing and communications channels
- Collaborate with the Brand Marketing Specialist to build, optimise and analyse digital promotions and advertising campaigns to increase sales of The Chamber’s Shopify products
The successful candidate will:
- Have 3+ years’ experience in a digital marketing or communications role
- Have experience working with content management systems and EDM software
- Be knowledgeable in SEO, website and EDM best practices
- Be a well-organised, highly motivated, self-starter
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be tech savvy and a fast learner
- Be able to prioritise well and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside a skilled and experienced team
- Be adaptable to change – able to re-evaluate and change direction as needed, given the dynamic nature of the business environment
- Be naturally curious and passionate about providing great customer outcomes and experience
In return, we’ll offer you:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small and ambitious team in a progressive purpose-led organisation.
As the home and voice of Canterbury business and we will offer you:
- The opportunity to take the lead in your area of expertise for our organisation
- A supportive and empowering culture – we love to see our people excel and their ideas come to life through our values: We are Real; We Own It; We focus on Impact; We ♥ our Customers
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is a key part of Canterbury’s business future
- A flexible environment that focuses on impact and outcomes
- Great learning and development opportunities through our comprehensive training programme and engagement across our network
- The opportunity to develop and deliver on your own ideas
- Be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email [email protected] for the job description, before submitting your CV and cover letter via Seek.
The closing date is 5pm 10 February 2023. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Michelle West at [email protected] .