ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Chamber's Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held at 4.00pm, Wednesday 18 October 2017 at The Chamber offices, 57 Kilmore Street.
The AGM was a chance for The Chamber to reflect on a busy 12 month period, and announce The Chamber Board for 2017/18.
Click here to see a brief presentation given by incoming CEO Leeann Watson. This presentation captures a snapshot of what the organisation’s been up to over the last 12 months and our future focus ensuring the organisation is fit for purpose and continues to provide real value to our members as they navigate a rapidly changing world.
Current Chief Executive, Peter Townsend, was acknowledged for his service to The Chamber and commented on some of the highlights for him over the last 21 years.
Thank you to our guest speakers Kalia Colbin, Singularity University and Malcolm Johns, Christchurch International Airport who in keeping with the Future Focus theme, presented their vision for our region and some of the challenges we may face to achieve these.
2017/18 Chamber Board Announcement
Chamber Board members serve a two-year term. Each year six members stand down and are eligible for re-election. The 2017/18 Chamber Board was announced and the candidates elected are:
- Benjamin Badger, Partner, KPMG (re-elected)
- Stephen Bateman, National Projects Manager, SB Global Logistics (re-elected)
- Dr Rod Carr, Vice-Chancellor, University of Canterbury (re-elected)
- Amy Carter, Chair and Strategic Lead, Perception PR and Marketing
- Carl Davidson, Director, Research First (re-elected)
- Hugh Lindo, Partner, Simpson Grierson (re-elected)
They join incumbent members:
- Jenni Callaghan, Senior Consultant, EY
- Stephen Collins, Chamber Life Member and Property Developer
- Peter Davie, CEO, Lyttelton Port Company
- Shaun Hubbard, Regional Manager, South Island, AECOM NZ Ltd
- Andrew Logie, Partner, Lane Neave
- David Rycroft, Managing Director, Assist Group Ltd
2016/2017 Annual Report - Click here
2017 Chamber Financials - Click here
2017 AGM Agenda - Click here
2016 AGM Meeting Minutes - Click here
The AGM is proudly supported by: