Unfortunately this course is now full.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list
Holidays Act, Leave Entitlements & Payroll
Ensure your business complies with changes to the Holidays Act 2003. Understand how to implement changes to your business and deal with tricky payroll and holidays issues. Employers who understand obligations under the Holidays Act 2003 are better able to plan and manage liabilities and staffing needs.
This course will help you plan for dealing with three main types of leave - annual holidays, public holidays, sick and bereavement leave. It is an interactive seminar with questions and answers and case scenarios.
You’ll learn about:
- Overview of Holidays Act 2003 including updates
- Budgeting for annual holidays and calculating pay
- Discuss sickness and bereavement leave
- Proof of sick leave and when you can ask for medical certificates
- Calculating annual holiday payments
- Relevant daily pay 'average daily pay'
- Issues that employers have with calculating holiday payments
- Holiday pay following special leave parental leave
So you can:
- Comply with holiday legislation in New Zealand
- Allow staff minimum holiday and leave entitlements
- Update holiday policies and procedures to comply with the law
- Compliance with Holidays Act 2003
- Reduced risk of personal grievance or employment relationship problems
- Greater confidence in managing difficult staffing issues
Who is this course for?
The course will also appeal to Payroll, HR personnel, and business owners who wish to keep up to date with the Holidays Act 2003. It is useful for anyone who wants to know how to comply with minimum holiday and leave entitlements.
Tuesday 13 February 2018
9.00am - 12.30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Julia is a qualified employment lawyer, who specialises in people management training to help businesses create better workplaces. As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers training on human resources, employment relations, and privacy law. Julia trains corporate groups in-house, and regularly presents webinars for CCH Learning. She is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
$280.00 + GST
$560.00 + GST