Employment Law for Managers
Research shows there is a direct correlation between well-trained managers and employees who are motivated, engaged, and productive.
This one day course breaks down the fundamental employment law principles. The course provides practical information that managers need to know to comply with employment legislation.
Find out how to equip managers to comply with employment legislation and tackle legal issues in the workplace.
You’ll learn about:
- Good faith in employment relationships
- Types of employment relationships
- Hiring new employees - legal considerations
- Summary of entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003
- Legal issues concerning wage payments
- Human rights in employment
- Privacy in employment
- Managing misconduct and disciplinary issues
- Restructuring and redundancies
- Dealing with employment relationship problems.
So you can:
- Comply with employment and privacy laws in New Zealand
- Allow staff minimum holiday and wage entitlements
- Follow fair and reasonable disciplinary procedures
- Keep updated on legal requirements and case law
- Update policies and procedures to comply with the law.
- Employment law and privacy law compliance
- Reduce risk of personal grievance or employment relationship problems
- Greater confidence in managing difficult staffing issues.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for managers with HR responsibilities or those new to HR, in-house and agency recruiters and administration professionals who have HR responsibilities. The course will also appeal to experienced HR assistants who wish to keep up to date with employment law. It is useful for anyone who wants to know how to comply with employment law.
Wednesday 28 March 2018
9:00am to 4:30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Julia is a qualified employment lawyer, who specialises in people management training to help businesses create better workplaces. As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers training on human resources, employment relations, and privacy law. Julia trains corporate groups in-house, and regularly presents webinars for CCH Learning. She is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
$480 + GST
$960 + GST