Unfortunately this course is now full.
Please contact email@example.com to be added to the wait list
Essential Leadership Skills Programme
Do you want to develop your leadership skills?
Do you know how to effectively engage your team and other individuals?
Do you want to learn how to confidently manage performance?
Our Essential Leadership Skills Programme will provide you with a strong foundation in leadership, enabling you to reflect upon your leadership style and learn how to further develop your leadership capabilities.
The programme offers seven modules in total to allow you to develop your skills in manageable chunks Please note we can also deliver this as an in-house option.
Module 1: Focusing on the Leadership Role - Tuesday 17 October
- Leadership and management responsibilities
- Expand your knowledge of leadership and build the foundations of great leadership
- Identify both your teams existing stage of performance and your role at each stage
- Balance your need for task, team and individual focus
Module 2: Engaging Teams and Individuals - Tuesday 24 October
- Use the right leadership style for the right situation
- Recognise how to build competence and commitment in team members
- Harness the ideas of your team to achieve results
- Assess your current position and establish goals
- Plan, identify and overcome challenges
Module 3: Leading Teams Through Change - Tuesday 31 October
- Recognise constructive verses destructive change management behaviours
- Plan to manage change at three levels
- Change your focus and action at each stage of the change process
- Use tools to make decisions, communicate plans and engage individuals in change
- Build and develop a resilient workforce to adapt to change more easily
Module 4: Excellence in Communication - Tuesday 7 November
- Avoid common mistakes in internal organisational communication
- Use effective organisational communication patterns
- Understand the barriers to clear communication
- Develop your visual and vocal impact
- Develop strong listening skills
- Give clear, effective and motivational feedback to others
Module 5:Handling Conflict in the Workplace - Monday 13 November
- Recognise constructive versus destructive conflict behaviours
- Establish the stage of conflict and define suitable action at each stage
- Interpret your own conflict resolution style and learn more about styles you could adopt
- Map conflict to clarify each parties needs and fears
- Run conflict resolution meeting in one-to-one and group scenarios
Module 6: Managing Performance - Tuesday 21 November
- Explore barriers to performance
- Establish the gap between current and desired levels of performance
- Get to the bottom of why a situation has arisen and identify the root causes
- Establish which elements of performance need to be addressed first and provide clear feedback
Module 7: Programme Review - Tuesday 12 December
Approximately 6 weeks after the completion of Module 6 our final module provides a forum in which to consolidate and review;
- Key learning from the programme
- The progress of Personal Action Plans
- An introduction to personal coaching (using the GROW Model)
- Tackling ongoing challenges
- Goals for the next 12 months
Tuesday 17, 24 & 31 October and Tuesday 7 November, Monday 13 November, Tuesday 21 November and Tuesday 12 December.
9:30am to 1:00pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Victoria (Bold Consultancy) specialises in the design, delivery and evaluation of management, leadership, supervision and human resource training programmes. Victoria brings a depth of knowledge and experience.
$1600.00 + GST
$3200.00 + GST