Performance Management and Disciplinary Issues
Performance Management and disciplinary Issues are the most common causes for personal grievance action at the Employment Relations Authority. This one day course provides a comprehensive overview of the performance management process and disciplinary issues.
Find out how to improve the way you conduct the performance management and disciplinary processes.
Ensuring employees understand what is expected of them will enhance their contribution to your organisation. Dealing with misconduct the right way will reduce your risk of personal grievance action and avoid breaching your good faith requirements.
You’ll learn about:
- Performance management process
- How to improve staff performance
- Practice performance interviews
- Dealing with misconduct and serious misconduct
- Raising allegations of misconduct
- Disciplinary meetings and dismissals - what you can say and what you should not say
- Practice disciplinary meetings
- Ensuring your employment documentation aligns with proper process
- What to avoid doing in disciplinary issues
- Dealing with personal grievances
- Resolving employment relationship problems (such as mediation)
- How to comply with good faith and meet the test of justification
- Case studies on how to deal with performance and disciplinary issues
So you can:
- Comply with employment law in New Zealand
- Meet employer obligations around performance management
- Follow fair and reasonable disciplinary procedures
- Keep updated on legal requirements and case law on investigation procedures
- Employment law compliance when managing performance and disciplinary issues
- Reduce risk of personal grievance or employment relationship problems
- Greater confidence in managing staff and terminating employment
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at equipping managers, supervisors and HR professionals with practical information to tackle performance and disciplinary issues, while complying with employment law.
Thursday 17 May 2018
9:00am to 4:30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Julia Shallcrass is a workplace trainer, who specialises in delivering employment relations, privacy law, communications and HR training. She is also a lecturer, and has formerly worked as an employment lawyer.
$480.00 + GST
$960.00 + GST