REPORT WRITING SKILLS
Successful report writing is a vital ingredient for communicating key messages, informing sound decision making, and achieving organisational goals.
This interactive workshop, delivered over two half-days, will focus on the key components of effective report writing, including the ability to structure content so information is sequenced and signposted logically, and your report fulfills its purpose.
You’ll learn about:
- Analysing your audience and targeting messages appropriately
- Planning and writing the key parts of a report
- Using a clear and logical structure
- Using an audience-focused writing style
- Applying writing conventions accurately
- Editing your report.
So you can:
- demonstrate an understanding of the key components of the report writing process
- write component parts of reports, especially an executive summary
- convey complex and/or technical ideas and information in appropriate language
- use self-editing and proofreading techniques to improve accuracy
- evaluate samples of your own workplace writing
- write effectively and win business for your organisation.
- a confident report-writing style that connects with your target audience, expresses information coherently and enhances your credibility as a professional.
- In order to maximise the effectiveness of the training, please bring a non-commercially sensitive sample of a workplace report and a laptop to practise your new writing skills.
Who is this course for:
- Anyone who needs a refresher on contemporary report writing conventions
- Professionals who have not had any formal report-writing training, but have picked up the skill ‘on the job’ and recognise that they need more assistance.
Tuesday 23 October 2018
9:00am to 1:00pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Desirée (Communication Works) designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team buliding, oral presentation and business writing skills.
$320.00 + GST
$640.00 + GST