ICAM Investigation (The Incident Cause Analysis Method)
The Incident Cause Analysis Method is the incident investigation method of choice for New Zealand’s largest companies when investigation significant events. Based on the work of James Reason (Swiss cheese fame) this system has proven itself to be an effective and accessible investigation framework.
This workshop is highly interactive with participants being coached through two investigations over the two days of the course. The case studies used are based on real events to provide as much realism as possible in the classroom setting.
You'll learn about:
This course is aimed at those who will be conducting investigations into significant events/near misses. It has been proven to be an effective tool in assisting in the undertaking of a WorkSafe duty holder review.
- The role of the investigator
- Incident causation, why accidents happen
- Gathering information including site visits and interviewing witnesses
- Organising information to allow contribution to become apparent
- The role of human failure in incidents
- Applying evidence to the ICAM Model
- Writing effective recommendations
So you can:
- Understand the link between root and immediate causes
- Understand the relationship between: Individual actions, task conditions, organisational factors (ICAM model)
- Understand the existence of bias and the impact it can have on the investigation process
- Appreciate the importance of the principle of multiple causation
- Appreciate the value of collecting information
- Acknowledge the importance of analysing events
- Identify the difference between layers of defence and categories of defence
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who will be conducting investigations into significant events and near misses. It has been proven to be an effective, helpful tool in the undertaking of a WorkSafe duty-holder review.
Tuesday 26 & Wednesday 27 June 2018
9:00am to 3:30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Andy is a highly experienced health and safety-training specialist with prior professional experience spanning 17 years of teaching, instructing outdoor education and scuba diving in Europe, USA, Caribbean, Australia and in New Zealand.
He has extensive knowledge in development of emergency procedures, specifically in the specialist area of school armed intruder lock-down response. Andy developed his interest in the concepts of risk and risk management through his practical experiences in various outdoor fields and utilises systems thinking to find innovative solutions to health and safety management issues.
$950.00 + GST
$1,150.00 + GST