One day Training for H&S Reps - Stage 1 - West Coast
This one-day course is an introduction to the role of a Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its regulations. Stage 1 provides Representatives with the foundation knowledge to enable them to exercise their duties and responsibilities as workplace Health and Safety Representatives.
After attending this interactive training session participants will re-enter the workplace stronger in their knowledge of the legislation and their role as a Health and Safety Representative – and with the tools to add good practice communication and leadership aspects to their responsibilities.
Who should attend
- Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
- Health and safety committee members
- Others with interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Learn how to:
- Understand health and safety legal requirements
- Effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
- Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
- Introduction to workplace health and safety
- Worker engagement and participation
- Good faith practices
- Functions of health and safety representatives
- Risk and hazard management
- Injury, illness and accident recording, reporting and investigation
- Workplace health and safety culture
- Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
Tuesday 26 September 2017
9:00am to 4:00pm
REAP House, 72 Tudor Street, Hokitika, West Coast
Helen Mason (CECC, Health and Safety Consultant) brings a depth and breadth of experience having spent over 15 years specialising in health and safety combined with a background in human resources and adult teaching.
$550.00 + GST