Tap into tailored resources and region-specific business support
Region-Specific Business Support
Mid Canterbury isn’t Christchurch. We know your needs are different. That's why we offer tailored resources and region-specific support delivered by our dedicated business advisor, Jason MacRae.
Jason knows Mid Canterbury. If you are facing business challenges, such as rising costs or a need to diversify, he can help. Or maybe you are tracking well and keen to take your business to the next level or a new market? Perhaps you require R&D funding and don’t know where to start? Jason, and the rest of The Chamber team are here to help you overcome challenges and seize new opportunities.
Through advocacy, support programs, and opportunities to network with your peers, we make it easier for you to forge ahead in your business with knowledge, confidence and the resources and connections you need to thrive. Contact us today to see how we can help.
Ways We Can Help Your Business
- Business adaptation - helping you recognise areas that need change and supporting implementation
- Succession planning - ensuring you have a clear strategy for the future of your business
- Business capability building - connecting systems, processes, and people within your organisation
- Networking and business connections - providing opportunities for you to grow and nurture your network
- Training and events - from business fundamentals and capability training to helping you stay ahead of trends and identify future opportunities
- Research and development support
- HR advice, consulting and support - including employer obligations, policies and dispute management
- Health and Safety - training, procedures and consultation
- Advocacy - serving as your voice on issues that impact businesses and pushing for policies that support business innovation and growth
- Global trade - providing you with tools and advice to help you unlock opportunities to go global
- Sustainability - providing training and guidance on how to get started and tools to help you initiate change
Key Metrics for Mid Canterbury
Mid Canterbury is currently experiencing significant growth, with the strong business network supporting a thriving community.
2022 Mid Canterbury data metrics, provided by Infometrics
We Are Your Voice
Government decisions can significantly impact your ability to do business. It's challenging to stay on top of constantly changing policies and next to impossible to influence government decisions on your own.
That's where we come in. The Chamber makes certain that our members stay informed on government action that could affect their businesses. We also make sure that government officials know how proposed or existing policies could impact businesses in Mid Canterbury.
As a founding member of BusinessNZ, the largest business advocacy network in the country, we work with network organisations across Otago, Wellington and Auckland to push for action that removes the red tape, reduces compliance and unnecessary burdens and provides an environment for businesses to grow and innovate.
Other Ways We Can Support Your Mid Canterbury Business
Whether you are exporting or importing, or maybe just considering entering the global market, our Global Trade Module can provide you with expert guidance and help you navigate the intricacies of global trade and make the right connections within the global trade ecosystem.
Canterbury manufacturers want and need tailored support. That's why we offer a module of services specific to the manufacturing sector. This module offers expert advice and guidance, peer-to-peer connections, and will ensure you are across industry trends and best practices.
The Chamber provides an array of services to support Mid Canterbury organisations including:
Whether you are starting a new development programme or need support to take your current R&D to the next level, our team of experts can help you.
We can also help you make the right connections to benefit your business.Membership The Chamber offers a comprehensive range of services and resources designed to help your business. As a member, you get access to our free advice hotline and a huge range of resources. We are here to help connect businesses, keep you up to date with the latest changes and much more. Chamber Events The Chamber provide a range of events to help connect you with the right people and to ensure your team have the right skills with our range of upskill training. This includes health and safety, leadership and much more. To find out more about our upcoming training and events - available to members and non-members alike.
“The New Zealand Sock Company has been a member of The Chamber for as long as I can remember. For us, it is about getting clear, concise and timely information to help us proceed confidently and quickly with business decisions. Whether it be immigration assistance, help navigating employment law or health and safety, The Chamber gives us peace of mind, knowing we are going down the right path.”
Contact Me Today
Get in touch with Jason to learn how The Chamber can support your business goals.
Business Advisor for Mid Canterbury and Selwyn
phone: 027 576 0771