Connect After 5
Hosting a CA5
Business Canterbury’s CA5 (Connect After 5) events are popular networking events hosted by our members. Hosting a CA5 event is an excellent way to connect with other Business Canterbury members on a premises of your choice and expose them to your brand. The events allow you to spend quality time building relationships with other members and be part of bringing our business community together.
CA5 event information
To learn more about when and where CA5 events happen, the basic event information is detailed below. Our More information section also provides further details about available dates. *Events run to this schedule whenever possible but some exceptions may apply.
this could be your own place or a hospitality space.
with brief speaking component/ formalities.
Refer to More Information for further details.
Benefits of Hosting a CA5
- Connect with an engaged audience of 60 – 100 implementation and marketing
- Grow brand awareness for your business
- Promoted to a database of over 2500 businesses with an event listing on the Business Canterbury website with your logo and branding
- Learn from the best as you collaborate with the talented Business Canterbury events team to co-host your event
- Opportunity to provide branded collateral and promotional material to attendees
- Opportunity to run a business card draw or other activity of your choice to collect attendees contact details
- Opportunity to invite up to 10 of your own clients – both members and non-members.
- How does it work?
- Event Format
- How much does it cost?
- Date Options
- Terms and Conditions
Roles and Responsibilities
Business Canterbury Will:
- List the event on the Business Canterbury website
- Promote the event using relevant Business Canterbury Channels
- Manage RSVPs through Business Canterbury online booking system
- Liaise with you in the lead-up to the event regarding attendees to-date and provide the host with a list of the attendees being their name and company name*
- Send registration confirmations and reminders to all attendees
- Provide each guest with a personalised name badge (including host company logo)
- Provide advice and guidelines with regards to suitable venues, presentations, and appropriate catering
- Provide you with advice on appropriate signage and advertising material
- MC the event
- Attend the event, to engage with your team and the attendees
The host (you) will:
- Book a venue/site of your choice
- Cover all costs associated with this event including venue hire, food and beverage costs and any audio-visual equipment hire
- Book, and manage everything required for the event such as venue, caterer and audio-visual supplier etc
- Promote the event to your own network
- Provide your logo for marketing purposes
- Pay the hosting fee on confirmation of the event and signing of agreement
Costs and pricing
Member price to host a CA5 event with Business Canterbury:
- $1500.00 + GST
- Plus Food and beverages*
* This cost is variable depending on number of attendees and options chosen by host.
2024 CA5 Dates
Terms and Conditions
- The $1500 + GST fee does not include the cost of food, beverage and any other costs associated with the event.
- Hosting a Connect After 5 event is a member only benefit, and only members of Business Canterbury can attend.
- Business Canterbury is unable to provide attendees email addresses and other contact details. You may collect this information from attendees at the event.
- CA5 events are held at the hosts choice of venue, not at Business Canterbury.
- Marketing content must be provided, and the event confirmed at least 4 weeks prior to the event date, to allow 3-4 weeks for promotion.
- Whilst Business Canterbury will promote the event, there is no guarantee of uptake by our members.
- A cancellation period of 5 working days will apply if the event is cancelled by either the host or Business Canterbury due to lack of numbers. Accordingly, a fee of $500.00 plus GST will apply where Business Canterbury has undertaken work to the point of marketing the event to members and the event does not proceed.
- A licensed caterer must be used if any alcohol is being served at the event.
- If you would like to employ Business Canterbury to manage your event from start to finish, we can provide a quote to use our Event Management services.
- There is a limit of one Connect After 5 event per month, held on the third Thursday of the month where possible.