MEMBERSHIP SALES CONSULTANT
The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) is a not-for-profit membership-based service organisation that has been the home and voice of business in the Canterbury region since 1859. Comprised of over 2,900 members, The Chamber’s aim is to help businesses to do business better by providing advice, advocacy, training, opportunities to network and access to latest thinking via a great range of events.
We’re looking for a Membership Sales Consultant to lead our member recruitment and retention strategy, and to continue to enhance our membership proposition through developing new products and partnerships.
You’ll be excited and passionate about business development, with prior experience in a senior sales and marketing role, and a good understanding of how technology and data can be embraced to deliver great outcomes for our organisation and members. You’ll be focused on delivering quality services and products to our members and connecting them with the business capability services that The Chamber offers.
In this role, your key responsibility will be to help develop and implement our strategy for membership growth and retention. This includes:
- Maximising value to our members through strong member engagement
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with other organisations
- Developing and refining product offerings to members
- Developing and implementing a model of account management
- Driving efficiencies through the use of technology
- Data analysis that will increase member engagement and ultimately retention
To be a good fit for this role, you will have a genuine passion for helping businesses. You will have significant experience in business development or sales and marketing. Experience in membership-based organisations and membership recruitment and retention would be an advantage, however it is more important that you are naturally curious, with demonstrable success in identifying and growing business opportunities.
In return, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is driven to help businesses
- A supportive and empowering culture – we love to see our people excel and their ideas come to life
- A competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that’s a key part of Canterbury’s business sector
- Great learning and development opportunities – The Chamber offers over 400 events and training opportunities each year
If you’re up to the challenge, please request a copy of the full position description from Claire McOscar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before applying with your CV and a cover letter/email.
Applications close Friday 15 February 2019 at 5.00pm.